Friday, January 12, 2018

Interview with Oliver Tarrant



Welcome Oliver Tell us about yourself and the book you star in.

Thank you for inviting me to interview.
Well I think Tristan Dearing said it all in his interview a couple of weeks back. I’m not going repeat all about the books. I looked at the blog too and it’s got a lot of information about The Seven Spell Saga, so let’s just say I’m a character in the books. I start out being just your average guy and end up being different shall we say.
That’s because of Tristan saving my life. He rescued me in book one from a wizard who had kidnapped me thinking I was Tristan. Tristan has special blood, which he didn’t know about for , can you believe, 800 years! Anyway he saved me and changed me at the same time into an immortal.
I still try to be normal, you know I keep my job at the restaurant as a wait staff member. That’s where I meet Chloe and I don’t mind telling you, I knew I loved her from the outset, but it’s been a bit difficult as she loves me and Tristan.
Now in the last book I think I get my wish of having her all to myself but it’s an illusion. Well book six, Bartholomew Pike’s Spell Book has us seemingly being a real couple. Tristan finds someone else. It’s too good to be true, right?
Right. He doesn’t think he’s been influenced by magic but everyone has been. It’s complicated and it’s a surprise, but although we are looking around to do something better with the special abilities we have developed, and that’s true and real, there’s something else going on with magic. Naturally (laughs) since that stuff has been hanging around Tristan all his life.
There’s an event that is supposed to happen in someone’s destiny, and we have all been lined up to fulfill it.
I maybe better stop telling you this stuff.
Book Seven is due to be released December so it’s going to be in that.
What else can I tell you about me? I’m into technology and love computers and stuff. I really care for Tristan too you know like a brother and that’s why it’s been so easy to cope with the fact Chloe loves him too. I’m pretty laid back but I do have quite strong emotions. I’m blond and brown eyed, Tristan’s kind of opposite he’s blue eyed, dark hair, we are sort of reverse twins. (Smiles)
I like to think I’m a good guy. I want Chloe, but you know I also want things to work out well for everyone.

Oliver, I know that we all want to be different, so what is the one thing you wish your creator had done differently with you?

Well now that’s hard to answer. You know what I can’t think of one thing. I’ve had a wild ride in The Saga and I know I’m not a warrior type but I think I’ve done some cool things and been there for people. I’m hoping it will not end to be honest.

If you could have added something to the story, and your creator would have let you, what would that have been?

I think it might be chock full of magic, time travel, adventure, happiness, angst and weirdness already so I might have added a little more quiet times. As we have all grown up, you know I’m twenty-one now and Chloe is twenty, I think I would have liked a few more love scenes. (Laughs)

What do you love best about yourself? What do you like least?

I love my ability to understand the Chloe loving both Tristan and I thing. I think I actually accept it in a very philosophical way.
What I like least? I suppose like everyone I have my moments of self-doubt. I think it’s not so much what I don’t like as what I haven’t done. You know I’d like to go horse riding. (smiles)

What part of the book was the hardest for you and your creator to work through?

I need to talk about book seven again. I think I’m going to marry Chloe but things might not work out that way. 

Clearly there will be another book, but do you think that will be the end of the saga?
It will be the end of The Seven Spell saga because the seven spell in question will be completely dealt with, but it’s not the end of our adventures, well I hope it will not be. I know the author is writing a special post about the actual seven spell and that will be published in a couple of weeks time.

Can you share one of your favorite parts of the book without giving too much away and tell us why you chose it?

In book seven you mean? It would be when we go up against Dale’s brother is pretty cool. We have Bartholomew helping us naturally and there are some very tricky magic things happening. I like that part as I get to do some sword fighting.

Anything else you would like to tell us Oliver?

I think I might have said enough, there’s bound to be some secret I have let out that I shouldn’t have. (Laughs)
Oh yeah I have a final secret to let out, I think the cover might be changing. In the preview you see Tristan isn’t on it, Bartholomew is there with Dale in the magic storm. Well Chloe kicked up about that and we think (Tristan and me) that the cover is changing as the graphics are all being looked at by the author again. (Smiles)
You must think I came here just to let out secrets huh? (Smiles) 

Thank you Oliver for joining us today. I hope that you enjoyed yourself and I hope that our readers enjoyed it also. 

I did enjoy it, so thanks again for having me as your guest. Thanks to all the readers of the saga, I’ve had a great time sharing my adventures with you.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Chloe, Oliver and Tristan talk about the possibility of another Seven Spell Story

Chloe: Thank you for inviting us to the blog today. We know there’s been a number of people asking if another story will be published...